Ever Had A Colaweizen? Here’s The Recipe For This German Mixed Drink!
Let’s cut right to the chase – if you’re here, there’s a good chance you know about the drink known as Colaweizen.
Made from half wheat beer and half Cola, this very German mixed drink is the perfect summertime sipper.
Colaweizen is served in a wheat beer glass and is a nice, sweeter alternative for those who don’t have the palate for wheat beer!
Having grown up in Bavaria, Lisa is no stranger to the concept of Colaweizen. Eric, on the other hand, thought that this mix of Cola and cloudy wheat beer was kind of strange.
However, upon first sip, you’ll be convinced otherwise!
As we said, it’s a nice alternative every once in a while – and this is especially good if you’re not a huge fan of German wheat beers.
How to Make Colaweizen
If you’re wondering how to make a Colaweizen, you’re in luck – it’s really easy. Simply add your Cola or Pepsi to your tall beer glass and then fill the rest with wheat beer (like Erdinger, for example).
When you pour in the beer, remember to tilt the glass in the beginning so you don’t create too much foam. Towards the end of the pour, place your glass upright to create a little bit of foam. You want just enough foam – see the photo above for reference.
As for the mixture ratio, usually, you mix it at 50:50 – so half Cola, half Weizenbier. However, you can always do 2/3 wheat beer and 1/3 Cola for a stronger drink!
- 1 cup cola/pepsi
- 1 cup wheat beer
- Add the Cola/Pepsi to a tall beer glass.
- Pour in the wheat beer while slightly angling the glass to avoid getting too much foam to form on top. Move the glass upright towards the end of the pour to get a nice "foam crown" or "head".
- Colaweizen is typically served in a classic wheat beer glass, but you can also use any other beer glass that you have available.
- You can obviously make a smaller drink if you'd like. For example, you can use 1/2 cup of each liquid.
- You can also change the ratio to 2/3 beer and 1/3 soda if you want a stronger beer flavor.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 47mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 0gSugar: 65gProtein: 1g
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice. The exact values can vary depending on the specific ingredients used.